Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation Q2.

How does your magazine represent particular social groups?

Below is a video that i created to answer the question:  'How does your magazine represent particular social groups?' I started by answering the question in essay format, which I then turned in to an interactive presentation using the online presentation editing software 'Prezi.' I then used the desktop capture program 'Camstudio' to record the presentation and turn it in to AVI video format, as well as this I recored a voice over of the essay to go along with the presentation. I then used the video editing software adobe premier to put the two together and create the finished video as can be seen below.





Here is the prezi that has been featured in the video.



Here is a transcript of the voiceover featured in the video.
Whilst creating my magazine, it was my aim to try and appeal to an audience of both males and females aged 16-30 interested in popular and indie music. I believe that my magazine has successfully done this by attempting to represent certain social groups and attracting them to purchase and read the magazine.

I think that the social group within my target audience is well represented within my magazine from looking at the front cover of the magazine, you can tell that the magazine is targeted at both males and females, this is mainly through the reasonably neutral colour scheme that my magazine employs (Reds, Blues and white) the colour scheme also helps to represent the fact that it is a British music magazine representing British teenagers because of the use of the colours featured in the Union Jack flag. 
The cover model on my magazine looks dominant, and successful and superior on the page. She takes over most of the space and a few sell lines surround the image. This suggests that she is well known to the readers of my magazine and is ultimately what is going to be the biggest selling factor of the magazine because she is an important and influential the musical artist. 
I chose for my model to be wearing a black outfit during the shoot for the cover image, because i envisioned that as the connotations of black signify power and dominance to the audience suggesting that the magazine is all about her and she is the main selling point. And also as the only bit of black on the page, makes the image stand out to the audience/reader of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment