Monday 20 February 2012

Cover feedback from peers

Cover feedback from peers

when I finished the draft copy of my magazine front cover, I decided to ask for some peer feedback. To do this I put the Photoshop file open on a computer screen, and asked some other members of my media class if they would look at it and type comments around it about the things that the liked, and about the things that they thought needed some improvement. From the feedback that I received, there were a few main things that cropped up that I needed to look at.

These were:
  • The Masthead font
  • The Colour scheme
  • the tag/strap line




After my initial feed back on my first front cover, I made some changes. I kept the main image the same as it received positive comments from the first peer feedback, however i changed the position of most of the sell lines and also changed the colour scheme to orange. I also changes the font of the masthead to a bold but much clearer font to read. As well as this I took away the tag line because it was very unclear to read. I then repeated the process of peer feedback and asked members of my media class to give comment on the changes that I made to my cover and let me know what i was doing well, and any further improvements that I needed to make. The comments were generally positive with the main things coming up being:

  • Good colour scheme
  • Good image
  • and good clear masthead





After receiving such positive feedback for my second front cover draft, I decided to keep the design and layout the same (with more sell lines added to the right hand side.) However, I decided to change the colour scheme of the cover so that I could keep consistency with the rest of the pages in my magazine whose main colour scheme was red, grey, black and white. I did try to transfer the other pages in to orange, but I decided that they worked better in red, so it made more sense to change my cover to accommodate this. I again asked some peers to give me feedback on my final design to find out if they liked the colour change and whether or not it would do a good job at attracting the target audience.
The main comments that were made were:

  • Good colour scheme
  • Good masthead
  • nice clear sell lines

No comments:

Post a Comment